Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gmail Official App For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Now Available For Download


Google has finally released their official Gmail app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. If you own any of the following devices, you can download official Gmail app from the iTunes App Store.


Following are the features of official Gmail app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
  • Get alerted to new messages with push notifications and sounds
  • Find an email in seconds with search across your entire inbox
  • Autocomplete email addresses from your Gmail contacts or select from your device’s address book
  • Upload photos with a click using the new attachment button in compose view
  • On iPad, navigate your inbox and read your mail simultaneously with split view
The official Gmail app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is free to download from the iTunes App Store. You can download it on your device if it is running iOS 4.0 firmware or higher versions.


Update: Google has currently taken the app off the App Store due to a bug with notifications. They are working on it and the app will soon be available for download again.


If you found this post useful, dont forget to click the +1 button =>

14 comments:

  1. lol whats the point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like they should have done this much sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like their app for Android..it's too basic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm indifferent to this cause I don't have gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Gmail, but honestly I don't think I'm going to download this app. The default email app has worked fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news! Although like others I don't use gmail, it's still good to see things like this happen. Advancements are always advancements right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not using this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am about to inherit an iphone in a few months so this is definitely useful for me! I had no idea there wasn't an app for gmail - I thought there was an app for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really interesting bro! Nice blog, supporting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A match made in heaven...in the depths of hell (Silicon Valley).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bleh, my friend has gmail for his Android and it works just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i heard it was ok, the app for kindle fire by amazon will be sweeter prolly.

    ReplyDelete